Sunday, January 11, 2009

My MiMi


This is my grandmother.
I know that she loves me very much.
She gets concerned about how stiff I am getting.
She doesn't like when my drool makes my clothes wet.
She's always making something for me,
to help me be more comfortable.
For Christmas she made me these...
Another cute bib to keep me dry...
And this cute Sunday sweater to keep me warm. You can't see it here, but she cut the sleeves so that my mom can get me dressed without hurting my arms. Don't I look so handsome?
I love my mimi.

Only my sister would think of playing checkers on my sweater. :)

6 comments:

Jo Jo said...

She told me about the sweater. It's really nice. You'll have to give us a pit shot some day so we can see her master piece. You're looking mightly fine today Benji.

LL said...

that really is a nice sweater...
looks like it's also very useful :)
Stevie is FUNNY...so, who won?

my favorite pic of Ben and your mom is the one where she's holding him (i think while the others were getting haircuts) and he is SMILING! so so sweet.

LL said...

YES, you found it...THAT is my all time favorite picture!!!

shirlgirl said...

I love the picture of your Mom with Ben, and their smiles are awesome! The sweater looks great on him. I saw the sweater before you got it. She was working on the neck edge when I saw it. She did a great job. And, for Stevie to think about playing checkers is an absolute blast--she's very intuitive, that's for sure. Great pictures, Becky.

April said...

I know that post wasn't supposed to be a tear jerker- but it really touched my heart. I can't even see through my tears right now. I just love that kid-- I love his doggy- the pictures with his grandma and I had to laugh at the great game of checkers going on. LOVE IT!

asplashofsunshine said...

This is the first time on your blog, and all I can do is smile. Benjamin is absolutely precious! What an incredible family you have! AND playing checkers on the sweater is the ultimate photo, and is probably oh-so typical for such a great sister. So sweet!