Wednesday, November 24, 2010

DECORATING BEN

My parent's are doing a great job keeping Ben's grave festive.  My mom bought these pumpkins for Ben's grave a few weeks ago and then today my dad came home with this CUTE Christmas tree.  (first Christmas tree to go up in the cemetery by the way)  It wasn't until I was standing there, after he secured the tree in place, that I realized Thanksgiving is tomorrow and this will be our first one without Ben.  But in the midst of sadness, there is much to be thankful for.  I'm so thankful that I was lucky enough to be his mother.  And I'm thankful for the knowledge that we will be reunited with him again someday.  We love you Benny!

7 comments:

Tara Bennett said...

The decorations are adorable! I'm sorry this holiday is going to be especially rough for you, but I hope the warmth and love of the rest of your family brings you peace until you are ALL together again. Love you! xo

Unknown said...

That is a Grampy/Dad who knows just what to do.

XOXO

I'm thankful that Ben's life touched mine.

LL said...

Love it!
and you.
and Ben.

Amy said...

I have been Blessed by meeting you, Ben, your dad and kids. This post is just what I needed today. Thinking of you.

The Kings said...

It looks beautiful Becky. Thinking of you . xxx

Jo Jo said...

What a good dad! It looks much better.

April said...

I'm thankful for the eternal influence Ben and your sweet family continues to have on my life. Thinking of you with gratitude and a tender heart this holiday season.