Tuesday, March 9, 2010

ALMOST 8

Ben's been on my mind...a LOT.  He usually is.  In less than a month, he'll be turning 8.  That's a HUGE milestone.  I also saw that his birthday falls on Easter this year.  It makes it that much more special.  I'm really excited to celebrate his special day.  I would LOVE to throw him a big party but Ben's kind of a party pooper.  (so we'll keep it small and cozy)  He's really doing well with his vent settings.  I've been slowly weaning him back down from his latest hospital stay.   That doesn't mean he'll be coming off the vent, it just means that hopefully he'll be back down to some low vent settings.  I still take him off to hold him every day.  I love to snuggle his cute (but growing) body.  I was holding him in the kitchen the other day and Steve took a picture to show just how large he is getting.  I can't stand for more than a few minutes with him anymore because he's just too heavy for my back but I'm grateful that I can still lift and carry him. 

12 comments:

shirlgirl said...

He is a big boy, that's for sure. It's hard to believe he is almost 8, and that is a miracle in itself. With all the love and good care he receives, it is no wonder that he thrives. Lots of love to you, Benji.

The VW's said...

What cute pictures!!! He is a big boy! And, I agree with shirlgirl.....Ben thrives with all the love he receives from you and his family! Great job Momma! Love and Hugs!!!

April said...

Oh I just love the picture with him over your shoulder.... I need to kiss those sweet cheeks! He's so lucky to have you! We love you Ben! You are the cutest almost 8 year old EVER!

Undaunted said...

What a hansome boy! I can't believe our babies are going to be 8 here in April. It really is amazing how time flys. :) Happy almost Birthday Ben! Sam's right behind you.

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Wow, almost 8? That's awesome! He sure is a big kid for you to carry. I love the bottom picture, and how perfect that there's the I Love Mom artwork right next to Ben's face. :)

Tara Bennett said...

That really is amazing that he's going to be 8! He is such a blessing, but also so blessed to have such an amazing mom. That last picture is a precious sight to behold.... motherhood at its best.

Love you two!

LL said...

CUTE!!!! He really is getting big. Lucky boy, birthday on Easter! I can't believe he will be 8!

Junior said...

Such cute pics, wow 8 he is getting so big. Hugs

Eleyna Julia said...

I think it is so fitting that Ben and the Savior will get to share their special days this year. He is huge Becky! Good thing you're a buff basketball chick right? Love you.

Jo Jo said...

Wow, he is BIG! Love those cheeks. Both sets. I'm glad for the special day as well.

Rubypat said...

Yes, he is getting a big boy. Do you have a hoist to help you lift him? You need to look after your own back, so that you can be there for him.

Sojourner said...

The expression on his face seems to say" aw mom,she's kissing me again" or 'not in front of the camera";-)