Friday, April 2, 2010

BACK IN THE SADDLE...er PICU

I kind of had a gut feeling we were headed back.  His poor little lung.  It's completely collapsed again.  Somewhat discouraging.  I was really thinking that he'd be home for his birthday after the last stay.  I figured that would be it for awhile.  This poor child isn't even through with his antibiotic regimen from the last PICU stay and we're already back.  (sigh)  
The first picture is shortly after arriving in the ER.  
DHART getting ready to transport him up to the PICU.
Dr. Meredith examining Ben upon arrival.

 Ben after I tucked him in and kissed him goodnight.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

i am praying for you Benjamin. Hang in there. ((Hugs))

Junior said...

Ben we are sending lots of hugs and prayers. sure hope you feel lots better by your birthday.

Ellen said...

Aahh, Beck I am sorry to here it. We will be praying for you all. Love you.

April said...

Oh I'm so sad he's back...sending all our love and prayers!

Tara Bennett said...

I'm SO sorry to hear this news. I was really hoping for a happy 8th birthday at home for Benny boy! Sending LOVE and prayers and hugs your way.

The VW's said...

I woke up thinking of you guys and praying, and came to check on you. I'm so sad to see that you are back in the hospital Ben!

I'll continue praying and thinking of you! Hang in there Momma! You are the best Momma ever! Love, Hugs and Prayers!!!

Jo Jo said...

We need to not be talking any birthday smack next year! What a lousy tradition. Hoping to a short stay! Beat that kid. His back, I mean ;-)

LL said...

He looks SO BIG in that hospital bed. Poor little Ben :( sick for his birthday. Hope this stay is short and he can go home for cake soon.

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Oh Ben ... I woke up this morning wondering how you were doing, and came to my computer to check on you. This is not the news I was hoping for. :(

I hope you feel better soon and get OUT of the saddle ... er, PICU.

Team Carter Jay said...

Oh, poor Ben :(

Praying!

shirlgirl said...

Oh Benji, so sorry that you are back in the hospital again. Haven't you had enough birthdays at Dartmouth? Isn't it about time to start having them at home? Just have to have a belated one for you. Wishing you a speedy recovery, birthday boy. Lots of love from Aunt Shirley and Uncle David.

The Mormon Monk said...

Not much of a birthday celebration hu? Zach's poem made me cry thinking of you and Ben. What a sweet little lamb.

P.S. This is Alana