Sunday, May 13, 2012

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ME!

I love celebrating mother's day because I love being YOUR mother.  This year has been a little more difficult as I am trying to recover from surgery that I had a few days ago, so mostly I've been laying low.  But that hasn't stopped the celebrating in my heart.  I've thought so much about you Ben, just like I do every day.  And because I couldn't physically be down at your grave, my parents came to the rescue.  My mom received this red rose at church today in honor of mother's day but felt like YOU deserved it and so she left it with you.  How SWEET! :)  I love thoughtful gestures like that.  It makes my world go round.
I love being a mother.  I love being YOUR mother.  How grateful I am for 8 wonderful years of taking care of you, of nurturing you and smothering you with love.  Thank you for allowing me that sacred privilege, Ben. 

1 comment:

April said...

Oh I know he would say "It is an honor to be your son..." Hope you're feeling better! Love you!