Monday, November 30, 2009

FIGURES!

(this picture was taken in the ER...doesn't he look MISERABLE?)
I leave town for a week and Ben gets sick. Yesterday I got a phone call from Steve telling me that Ben developed a high fever. (1o2.5) He took him to the ER to see if they could figure out what was going on. The chest x-ray didn't come out (probably because they don't know how to position him like I do), there was never any viral panel done (WHAT?), and his white blood cell count was elevated. I can't believe with a runny nose that they didn't test for RSV. Steve has kept him on the vent to give him some extra support and he is currently on cipro and toby nebs. So far he's stable. I'm praying that he will hold out until I can fly back on Friday.

9 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

He just misses his mommy!

Unknown said...

Kisses to you Ben!
xo

LL said...

Poor Ben! I think it was the game on Saturday that made him so sick :)

The VW's said...

Poor Ben!! Get better soon!!!

Lacey said...

I think he does miss you. I'm glad you have that vent at home.

Tara Bennett said...

Poor Ben just misses his mom! Stay well, Ben, til mom gets home!

The VW's said...

Thanks for your address!

Here is ours:

Joel and Alicia Vander Wall
1465 64th St. S.W.
Byron Center, MI 49315

Thanks!

shirlgirl said...

Hey, Ben, you're not supposed to get sick while your Mom is away. Bet your Dad is taking very good care of you, too, and Becky B as well. Sorry you are not feeling great. Hope you get better soon before Mom gets home. Lots of love from Aunt Shirley and Uncle David.

April said...

We're praying for you Ben! Be well, sweet boy! (a certain blue victory lifted his spirits, don't you think?)