Friday, February 5, 2010

12 days...

THAT is how long we've been here.  My hopes for a short stay faded away after the news of Ben's x-ray on Wednesday.  It was worse than when we arrived.  Thursday it was even WORSE.  Today?  No change really...if anything it's a smidge better.  I left Ben's hospital room around 1pm today, AFTER I had a nap with him.  It felt good to snuggle with him before leaving for home.  Rumor has it that he even got a nice bath and hairwash today.  That always makes me happy when I come back to a freshly bathed boy.  I'm not sure how long we'll be in the PICU.  There is a lot of work to be done to try and inflate his left lung.  He's on pretty high vent settings right now and it hasn't seemed to help.  Dr. Braga mentioned a brochoscopy if things aren't better after the weekend.  They started vancomycin again to see if he improves with antibiotics.  I'll update more tomorrow.

7 comments:

The VW's said...

Praying the weekend brings MUCH progress!!! Take care of yourselves! Give Ben a squeeze from me! Love, Hugs and Prayers!!!

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Oh my gosh ... I am so sorry that he isn't doing any better yet. I sure hope that his lung clears up and opens again soon. How worrisome!

Ben, you are in the thoughts of so many people. I hope you can feel their strength coming your way. Use it to heal little man!

Anonymous said...

The kids and I are still praying really hard for Ben. Get well really soon lil man..you are a strong fighter!! Love and slobbers :)

Junior said...

Ben we are sending you lots of hugs and prayers, feel better.

Becky sending lots of love, sure wish we lived closer. Hang in there and know that you have lots of people praying for your family.

asplashofsunshine said...

Snuggle time is always a good time! Glad you had the time to do that, especially with a clean kiddo. Clean kids are the best smell in the world, with chocolate chip cookies a close second. :)

Tara Bennett said...

You were on my mind constantly yesterday. I sincerely hope Ben improves and is home soon. Love you guys.

April said...

Oh we sure love you and your sweet boy. Even when he is feeling yucky, he still has the sweetest spirit about him.... Wish there was something I could do :(
praying as always...