Friday, March 11, 2011

As life goes on...

...I can't help but really feel the void.  I miss having you by my side at every game, at every function, at every activity.  Wherever I was, you were right there beside me.  I miss how much work it was just to get you out the door every day.  The way I had to plan ahead so that I had time to dress you in your warm clothes with your cute hats that accentuated your already LARGE cheeks.  I miss loading you into your wheelchair (even though you were getting really heavy).  I miss pushing you out the door and right into your van where I would lock your chair into place and buckle you up tight so that you would be safe.  I miss having to look for parking spaces big enough (because the handicap spaces weren't always available) so that your ramp could come down.  I miss being in public because people were always so kind to you.  
I just plain miss you Ben...

8 comments:

Unknown said...

*sigh*
xo

April said...

Oh Becky... I love you.

Jenny said...

oh, today as I've read and reread all these stories I'm getting, my heart is full, but aching. Becky, oh how I wish I had met Ben in person and not just through his blog. I feel such love for your little boy...and for you my dear dear friend. I love you.

LL said...

love you!

asplashofsunshine said...

No words really. Just hugs.

Junior said...

big hugs. Love you

The Kings said...

Thinking of you every day and your little man. xxx

shirlgirl said...

I feel your pain, sweet niece.