Monday, October 5, 2009

PICU Day 13

Today the PICU Team decided to take away his pressure support and leave him just on his peep for as long as he'll tolerate it. Hopefully he'll wean a little better going this route. He'll go back on his pressure support with the peep overnight and hopefully be on just the peep all day and over night. Once he does that, they'll wean him off the vent. It's a slow process, sometimes painfully slow. They have started him back on his percussion vest to help move the junk up and out of his lungs. This picture is of Ben after his 20 minute treatment and bath. He's WIPED!
Cute boy. :)

7 comments:

April said...

He is so precious!

Papa Don's Place said...

I sat a few rows behind Steve and Kaleb at Sunday's Conference sessions. While neither one was still for long (I see why you count Steve as one of your children sometimes), it was great to see the love and interaction between them.

Hope Ben rebounds soon so you can return from your second home to your primary one. We're missing you here.

Tara Bennett said...

Sweet Ben.... I hope their plans to wean go well and you can both be home, healthy & happy soon! {{hugs}}

Jo Jo said...

I'm liking the hedgehog hair look! Very handsome. Love you.

LL said...

XOXOXO to Ben!!!

Eleyna Julia said...

He looks so peaceful! What a sweetie.

asplashofsunshine said...

Ok, I hope I do not sound really out of bounds or crazy. Can you do a post about what Ben is going through? I see his endearing eyes, fascinating facial expressions, and so much more, yet for some reason, I can't piece everything together. Please completely ignore my request if you think I am nutty, or if you just do not want to explain any further than you already have. I certainly don't mind just peeking over at Ben's handsome face each day. HUGS......