Monday, June 21, 2010

SHARED PICTURES

My dad sent this to me today.  It was from his 7th birthday a year ago.  I'm grateful to see this picture.  It makes me smile.  We had just gotten home from our LONG hospital stay in Utah with the med flight back to the PICU at DHMC.  He had only been home eight days.  24 hours after this picture was taken, we were BACK in the PICU with RSV.  It was sad.  Another LONG PICU stay.  But I'm grateful that he spent his birthday with family at home.  He didn't often give us that luxury.  Something about birthdays and his favorite PICU.  I faithfully made him carrot cake every year.  And I ALWAYS made sure he got a taste.  :)  
I LOVE YOU BENNY!
(and miss you terribly)

10 comments:

Jo Jo said...

Yummy cake! Fun to see pictures you didn't know existed.

LL said...

sweet!

April said...

Oh that is the sweetest picture. In more ways than one. YUM!

Wiggles said...

Love seeing you two together with Mr. Elephant!

Lacey said...

Your long Utah stay were we met Ben for the first time. My heart misses him even though I haven't seen him in a long time!

The VW's said...

I miss and love your sweet Ben too! He and you have a very special place in my heart! PTL for shared pictures! Love, Hugs and Prayers!!!

Junior said...

such a special picture. Yummy, carrot cake is the best.
lots of love

shirlgirl said...

Thanks for sharing such a "sweet" picture. I can almost taste that cake--especially the frosting! Love you.

Eleyna Julia said...

You have such a sweet dad. What a beautiful picture.!

Unknown said...

Look at him hugging on you!!
:)